TempAdero Ride Guidelines
• Speed and effort: the main ride is designed to be a relaxed endurance effort. For those who ride with power or heart rate, the goal is to stay in zone 2 or zone 1 with limited efforts on longer climbs in zone 3. Since this does not meet the needs of all, there will be the option of a second group who rides tempo or faster.
- Endurance Group: Avg. speed 15-16 mph on hilly courses (over 3000ft of climbing). Avg. speed of 17-17.5 mph on flatter courses. Lead by Jonathan, Steve, or other designated leader.
- Tempo Group: Avg. speed 17-18 mph on hilly courses (over 3000ft of climbing). Avg. speed of 18.5+ mph on flatter courses. Lead by those who show.
The Tempo group will depart first. If one starts with the Tempo group and finds it to be too fast, they can always drop back and ride with the Endurance group. The groups should seek to ride together, as a contiguous group, taking short pulls, and working together as much as possible. Let’s leave egos behind, and simply enjoy our time out on the bike.
• Distance: 50-65 miles with 3-5 regroups.
• Start times: 7:30am to 9:00am, dependent on temperature, with 8:00am and 8:30am being most common.
• Start locations: alternating between Atascadero and Templeton with occasional other locations.
• Courtesy: we stop when someone gets a flat or a mechanical. Communicate during the ride to call out hazards and ride in a mindful and careful manner.
• Upon arriving at the meeting point maintain a social distance of at least 6 feet between yourself and other riders.
• Ride in small gruppettos. Riders should form small groups of no more than 5 riders. So if 6 show, split into groups of 3 and 3 or 4 and 2 depending on desired pace. If a rider(s) joins mid-route and it brings the gruppetto total above 5, please separate into two gruppettos.
• Gruppetos will depart 2-3 minutes apart in descending order of speed.
• Maintain social distancing at stops along the route.
As always, participants ride at their own risk, but please utilize extra care and be socially responsible.