Date: Saturday, February 13
Time: 9:00am, roll at 9:05am
Location: Templeton Park
Route: Chimney-Ranchita https://www.strava.com/routes/2794805409671086966
Distance: 58.0 miles, 3700 feet elevation gain
Ride Leader: Jonathan
We head out 5th to a right on Old County, left on Las Tablas, right on Booker, right on 46 to a quick left on Oakdale, stay on Oakdale to a right on Vineyard, right on Willow Creek and straight on Peachy Canyon back to Vineyard (stop 1 – 10.2 miles). We then go right on Vineyard, left on Adelaida, right on Chimney Rock to a right on Lake Nacimiento (stop 2 – 22.6 miles). We then proceed to left on San Marcos, take care to cross HWY 101, head north and take the 1st exit right into San Miguel, go left on San Luis Obispo, continue right on K St to San Miguel Park (stop 3 – 31.8 miles). We exit the park to the north, turn right on 14th which becomes River and then go left on Cross Canyon, right on Ranchita Canyon to Estrella (stop 4 – 40.6 miles). We then go right on Estrella, left on Airport, right on Wellsona, straight on River south, right on 13th, left on Vine, left on 46, right on Ramada, left on Main, right on 5th back to the start.
- Endurance Group: Avg. speed 15-16 mph on hilly courses (over 3000ft of climbing). Avg. speed of 17-17.5 mph on flatter courses. Jonathan.
- Tempo Group: Avg. speed 17-18 mph on hilly courses (over 3000ft of climbing). Avg. speed of 18.5+ mph on flatter courses. Lead by those who show.
The Tempo group will depart first. If one starts with the Tempo group and finds it to be too fast, they can always drop back and ride with the Endurance group. The groups should seek to ride together, as a contiguous group, taking short pulls, and working together as much as possible. Let’s leave egos behind, and simply enjoy our time out on the bike.
• Upon arriving at the meeting point maintain a social distance of at least 6 feet between yourself and other riders.
• Ride in small gruppettos. Riders should form small groups of no more than 5 riders. So if 6 show, split into groups of 3 and 3 or 4 and 2 depending on desired pace. If a rider(s) joins mid-route and it brings the gruppetto total above 5, please separate into two gruppettos.
• Gruppetos will depart 2-3 minutes apart in descending order of speed.
• Maintain social distancing at stops along the route.
As always, participants ride at their own risk, but please utilize extra care and be socially responsible.