Date: Saturday, February 6
Time: 9:00am, roll at 9:05am
Location: Atascadero Zoo
Route: Creston-Paso https://www.strava.com/routes/9722861
Distance: 57.5 miles, 3100 feet elevation gain
Ride Leader: Jonathan
Head out east on 41 to a quick right on Portola, right on Lake View, left on Santa Rosa, right on El Camino, left on Viejo Camino, left on Santa Barbara, continue on Los Palos, left on Santa Clara, right on Sandoval, left El Camino, left on 58 to Santa Margarita Park (stop 1 – 8.6 miles). Then head south and east via 58 to a left on 229 and climb and descend into Creston (stop 2 – 21.4 miles). Continue north to a right on 41, left on Camp 8, right on Creston Rd, right on Geneseo and stay right to the top of the short Geneseo climb (stop 3 – 32.4 miles). Continue on Geneseo to a left on Union, go left to continue on Union, right on 13th and take the cut through to 12th (stop 4 – 43.3 miles). Then go left on Vine, left on 46, right on Ramada, left on Main, left on Templeton Rd, go right to stay on Templeton Rd, then go right on 41 back to the start.
Some riders may skip Templeton Rd and go right on Vineyard, left on 101, and loop around to El Camino and stop at Joe Bella’s for coffee.
- Endurance Group: Avg. speed 15-16 mph on hilly courses (over 3000ft of climbing). Avg. speed of 17-17.5 mph on flatter courses. Jonathan.
- Tempo Group: Avg. speed 17-18 mph on hilly courses (over 3000ft of climbing). Avg. speed of 18.5+ mph on flatter courses. Lead by those who show.
The Tempo group will depart first. If one starts with the Tempo group and finds it to be too fast, they can always drop back and ride with the Endurance group. The groups should seek to ride together, as a contiguous group, taking short pulls, and working together as much as possible. Let’s leave egos behind, and simply enjoy our time out on the bike.
• Upon arriving at the meeting point maintain a social distance of at least 6 feet between yourself and other riders.
• Ride in small gruppettos. Riders should form small groups of no more than 5 riders. So if 6 show, split into groups of 3 and 3 or 4 and 2 depending on desired pace. If a rider(s) joins mid-route and it brings the gruppetto total above 5, please separate into two gruppettos.
• Gruppetos will depart 2-3 minutes apart in descending order of speed.
• Maintain social distancing at stops along the route.
As always, participants ride at their own risk, but please utilize extra care and be socially responsible.