Date: Saturday, January 30
Time: 9:00am, roll at 9:05am
Location: Templeton Park
Route: Shandon 54 https://www.strava.com/routes/16439870
Distance: 54 miles, 3100 Feet Elevation Gain
We will head out 5th street to a right on Main and left on Templeton Rd. We will continue straight on El Pomar to a right on Cripple Creek to Hwy 41 (stop 1 – 10.8 miles). We then go left on Hwy 41 all the way to a right on Centre St to Shandon Park (stop 2 – 26.8 miles). We then head out south on Truesdale, continue straight on Starkey and go left on Hwy 41 all the way to a right on Camp 8 (stop 3 – 38.9 miles). We then take Camp 8 to a right on Creston Rd, left on Neal Spring, right on El Pomar and right on Main St and back to the park via 5th.
- Endurance Group: Avg. speed 15-16 mph on hilly courses (over 3000ft of climbing). Avg. speed of 17-17.5 mph on flatter courses. Lead by Jonathan.
- Tempo Group: Avg. speed 17-18 mph on hilly courses (over 3000ft of climbing). Avg. speed of 18.5+ mph on flatter courses. Lead by those who show.
The Tempo group will depart first. If one starts with the Tempo group and finds it to be too fast, they can always drop back and ride with the Endurance group. The groups should seek to ride together, as a contiguous group, taking short pulls, and working together as much as possible. Let’s leave egos behind, and simply enjoy our time out on the bike.
• Upon arriving at the meeting point maintain a social distance of at least 6 feet between yourself and other riders.
• Ride in small gruppettos. Riders should form small groups of no more than 5 riders. So if 6 show, split into groups of 3 and 3 or 4 and 2 depending on desired pace. If a rider(s) joins mid-route and it brings the gruppetto total above 5, please separate into two gruppettos.
• Gruppetos will depart 2-3 minutes apart in descending order of speed.
• Maintain social distancing at stops along the route.
As always, participants ride at their own risk, but please utilize extra care and be socially responsible.