Date: Saturday, January 9
Time: 9:00am, roll at 9:05am
Location: Atascadero Zoo
Route: La Panza – 58 CW https://www.strava.com/routes/2782437167684882092
Distance: 56.5 miles, 3500 feet elevation gain
Ride Leader: Jonathan
We head out east on 41 to a left Templeton Rd, right on El Pomar, left on Neal Spring to Creston Rd (stop 1 – 13.8 miles). We then take Creston Rd to a right on S El Pomar, left on El Pomar, right on Cripple Creek, left on 41 and right on La Panza (stop 2 – 21.8 miles). We then ride the length of La Panza to 58 (stop 3 – 31.5 miles). We then go right on 58 all the way to Santa Margarita Park (stop 4 – 47.9 miles). We then go right on El Camino, right on Sandoval, left on Santa Clara, right on Los Palos, straight onto Santa Barbara, right on El Camino, and left on Santa Rosa back to the start.
- Endurance Group: Avg. speed 15-16 mph on hilly courses (over 3000ft of climbing). Avg. speed of 17-17.5 mph on flatter courses. Jonathan.
- Tempo Group: Avg. speed 17-18 mph on hilly courses (over 3000ft of climbing). Avg. speed of 18.5+ mph on flatter courses. Lead by those who show.
The Tempo group will depart first. If one starts with the Tempo group and finds it to be too fast, they can always drop back and ride with the Endurance group. The groups should seek to ride together, as a contiguous group, taking short pulls, and working together as much as possible. Let’s leave egos behind, and simply enjoy our time out on the bike.
• Upon arriving at the meeting point maintain a social distance of at least 6 feet between yourself and other riders.
• Ride in small gruppettos. Riders should form small groups of no more than 5 riders. So if 6 show, split into groups of 3 and 3 or 4 and 2 depending on desired pace. If a rider(s) joins mid-route and it brings the gruppetto total above 5, please separate into two gruppettos.
• Gruppetos will depart 2-3 minutes apart in descending order of speed.
• Maintain social distancing at stops along the route.
As always, participants ride at their own risk, but please utilize extra care and be socially responsible.