Date: Saturday, December 12
Time: 9:00am, roll at 9:05am
Location: Atascadero Zoo
Route: LasPilitas-OD-Linne https://www.strava.com/routes/23817460
Distance: 60.5 miles, 3500 feet elevation gain.
We head out east on 41, to a quick right on Portola, right on Lake View, left on Santa Rosa and then go right on El Camino all the way to a left on 58, pass Santa Margarita Park, continue south on Pozo Rd to a left on Las Pilitas (stop 1 – 13.0 miles). We then climb Las Pilitas, turn left on Parkhill and right on Huer Huero to 58 (stop 2 – 26.1 miles). We then turn right on 58, left on O’Donovan, right on 229, right on 41, left on Creston Rd and right on Geneseo (stop 3 – 37.4 miles). We then take Geneseo and continue straight on Linne, to a left on Airport and right on Meadowlark to Creston Rd (stop 4 – 46.9 miles). We then go left on Creston, right on Charolais, left on River, left on Neal Spring, right on Hollyhock, right on El Pomar, left on Lupine, left on Templeton Rd, right on 41 back to the start.
- Endurance Group: Avg. speed 15-16 mph on hilly courses (over 3000ft of climbing). Avg. speed of 17-17.5 mph on flatter courses. Lead by Jonathan.
- Tempo Group: Avg. speed 17-18 mph on hilly courses (over 3000ft of climbing). Avg. speed of 18.5+ mph on flatter courses. Lead by those who show.
The Tempo group will depart first. If one starts with the Tempo group and finds it to be too fast, they can always drop back and ride with the Endurance group. The groups should seek to ride together, as a contiguous group, taking short pulls, and working together as much as possible. Let’s leave egos behind, and simply enjoy our time out on the bike.
• Upon arriving at the meeting point maintain a social distance of at least 6 feet between yourself and other riders.
• Ride in small gruppettos. Riders should form small groups of no more than 5 riders. So if 6 show, split into groups of 3 and 3 or 4 and 2 depending on desired pace. If a rider(s) joins mid-route and it brings the gruppetto total above 5, please separate into two gruppettos.
• Gruppetos will depart 2-3 minutes apart in descending order of speed.
• Maintain social distancing at stops along the route.
As always, participants ride at their own risk, but please utilize extra care and be socially responsible.