Date: Saturday, December 5
Time: 9:00am, roll at 9:05am
Location: Templeton Park
Route: Union-Adelaida https://www.strava.com/routes/2745829115552832306
Distance: 56.5 miles, 3700 feet elevation gain
Ride Leader: Jonathan
We head out with a right on Main, left on Templeton Rd and continue straight on El Pomar to Cripple Creek (stop 1 – 9.9 miles). Then head north to a right on Creston Rd, left on Geneseo, and go right to stay on Geneseo to Union (stop 2 – 18.4 miles). Then take Union to the left to stay on Union, then go right on 13th, right on Vine and left on Nacimiento Lake (stop 3 – 28.1 miles). Proceed to a left on Adelaida and climb and descend to Tablas Creek Vineyards (stop 4 – 38.9 miles). Then return to a right on Vineyard south, left on Peachy Canyon, right onto Willow Creek, left on Vineyard, right on Oakdale to 46 (stop 5 – 49.2 miles). Take 46 east to a right on Ramada, left on main, and right on 5th back to the start.
- Endurance Group: Avg. speed 15-16 mph on hilly courses (over 3000ft of climbing). Avg. speed of 17-17.5 mph on flatter courses. Lead by Jonathan.
- Tempo Group: Avg. speed 17-18 mph on hilly courses (over 3000ft of climbing). Avg. speed of 18.5+ mph on flatter courses. Lead by those who show.
The Tempo group will depart first. If one starts with the Tempo group and finds it to be too fast, they can always drop back and ride with the Endurance group. The groups should seek to ride together, as a contiguous group, taking short pulls, and working together as much as possible. Let’s leave egos behind, and simply enjoy our time out on the bike.
• Upon arriving at the meeting point maintain a social distance of at least 6 feet between yourself and other riders.
• Ride in small gruppettos. Riders should form small groups of no more than 5 riders. So if 6 show, split into groups of 3 and 3 or 4 and 2 depending on desired pace. If a rider(s) joins mid-route and it brings the gruppetto total above 5, please separate into two gruppettos.
• Gruppetos will depart 2-3 minutes apart in descending order of speed.
• Maintain social distancing at stops along the route.
As always, participants ride at their own risk, but please utilize extra care and be socially responsible.