Date: Saturday, November 14
Time: 9:00am, roll at 9:05am
Location: Atascadero Zoo
Route: Adelaida + Klau Loop: https://www.strava.com/routes/2761810075788817364
Distance: 57.7 miles, 4200 feet elevation gain
Ride Leader: Jonathan
Head out east on 41, left on Atascadero Ave, to Ardilla, right on Traffic, left on El Camino, continue north on 101, left Vineyard, right on Bethel to Bethel Park (stop 1 – 8) miles. Then go left on Las Tablas, right on Booker, right on 46, left on Oakdale, right on Las Tablas-Willow Creek, right on Willow Creek, continue straight onto Peachy Canyon, right on Vineyard to Adelaida (stop 2 – 19.7 miles). We then go left on Adelaida, left on Chimney Rock, left on Cypress Mtn, continue on Klau Mine, go right on Adelaida, to Tablas Creek (stop 3 – 31.7 miles). We the climb and descend Adelaida, go right on Nacimiento Lake Dr, right on Vine to the 1st rise on Vine (Stop 4 – 42.9 miles). We continue south on Vine to left on 46, right on Ramada, left on Main, left on Templeton Rd, right to stay on Templeton Rd, right on 41 and back to the start. Once we pass through Templeton, some riders may choose a direct route to Joebella’s, for coffee, via 101 S.
- Endurance Group: Avg. speed 15-16 mph on hilly courses (over 3000ft of climbing). Avg. speed of 17-17.5 mph on flatter courses. Lead by Jonathan.
- Tempo Group: Avg. speed 17-18 mph on hilly courses (over 3000ft of climbing). Avg. speed of 18.5+ mph on flatter courses. Lead by those who show.
The Tempo group will depart first. If one starts with the Tempo group and finds it to be too fast, they can always drop back and ride with the Endurance group. The groups should seek to ride together, as a contiguous group, taking short pulls, and working together as much as possible. Let’s leave egos behind, and simply enjoy our time out on the bike.
• Upon arriving at the meeting point maintain a social distance of at least 6 feet between yourself and other riders.
• Ride in small gruppettos. Riders should form small groups of no more than 5 riders. So if 6 show, split into groups of 3 and 3 or 4 and 2 depending on desired pace. If a rider(s) joins mid-route and it brings the gruppetto total above 5, please separate into two gruppettos.
• Gruppetos will depart 2-3 minutes apart in descending order of speed.
• Maintain social distancing at stops along the route.
As always, participants ride at their own risk, but please utilize extra care and be socially responsible.