Date: Saturday, November 7
Time: 9:30am, roll at 9:35am
Location: Templeton Park
Route: San Marcos 48 https://www.strava.com/routes/2760153410909422290
Distance: 48.7 miles, 2600 feet elevation gain
Ride Leader: Jonathan
Due to significant rain this morning the route has been changed to avoid potential road debris and shortened to as a result of the delayed start time.
We head out to Las Tablas, go right on Bennet, continue on Frontier-Herdsman, go right on Bethel, right on 46, left on Vine and left on Nacimiento Lake (stop 1 – 8.5 miles). We take Nacimiento Lake Dr to a right on San Marcos to HWY 101 (stop 2 – 19.2 miles). We then take care crossing 101, head north and take the 1st exit in San Miguel, proceed north on Mission, right on River, left on Cross Canyon, right on Pleasant to Estrella ( stop 3 – 28.5 miles). We the go right on Estrella, left on Airport, right on Wellsona, left on River to Union (stop 4 – 37.8 miles). We then take the bike path to reconnect with River south, and take River to a left on Neal Spring, right on Hollyhock, right on El Pomar, right on Main and left on 5th back to the start.
- Endurance Group: Avg. speed 15-16 mph on hilly courses (over 3000ft of climbing). Avg. speed of 17-17.5 mph on flatter courses. Lead by Jonathan.
- Tempo Group: Avg. speed 17-18 mph on hilly courses (over 3000ft of climbing). Avg. speed of 18.5+ mph on flatter courses. Lead by those who show.
The Tempo group will depart first. If one starts with the Tempo group and finds it to be too fast, they can always drop back and ride with the Endurance group. The groups should seek to ride together, as a contiguous group, taking short pulls, and working together as much as possible. Let’s leave egos behind, and simply enjoy our time out on the bike.
• Upon arriving at the meeting point maintain a social distance of at least 6 feet between yourself and other riders.
• Ride in small gruppettos. Riders should form small groups of no more than 5 riders. So if 6 show, split into groups of 3 and 3 or 4 and 2 depending on desired pace. If a rider(s) joins mid-route and it brings the gruppetto total above 5, please separate into two gruppettos.
• Gruppetos will depart 2-3 minutes apart in descending order of speed.
• Maintain social distancing at stops along the route.
As always, participants ride at their own risk, but please utilize extra care and be socially responsible.