Date: Saturday, October 24
Time: 8:30am, roll at 8:35am
Location: Templeton Park
Route: Rock Lobster https://www.strava.com/routes/2754167530943603812
Distance: 58.1 miles, 4200 feet elevation gain
Ride Leader: Jonathan
We head out right on Old County to left on Las Tablas, right on Booker, right on 46, left on Oakdale, right on Vineyard to Peachy Canyon (stop 1 – 9.6 miles) We then ride the length of Peachy Canyon to Olive St (stop 2 – 20.2 miles). We take Olive to right on 13th, go left on River to get onto Union and take Union to Geneseo (stop 3 – 29.5 miles). We then take Geneseo to a right on Linne, left on Airport, right on Meadowlark, left on Creston, right on Charolais, left on River to Neal Spring (stop 4 – 45.3 miles). We then go right on Neal Spring, left on El Pomar, right on S El Pomar, right on Templeton Rd and right on Main St, left on 5th to return to the start.
- Endurance Group: Avg. speed 15-16 mph on hilly courses (over 3000ft of climbing). Avg. speed of 17-17.5 mph on flatter courses. Lead by Steve H.
- Tempo Group: Avg. speed 17-18 mph on hilly courses (over 3000ft of climbing). Avg. speed of 18.5+ mph on flatter courses. Lead by those who show.
The Tempo group will depart first. If one starts with the Tempo group and finds it to be too fast, they can always drop back and ride with the Endurance group. The groups should seek to ride together, as a contiguous group, taking short pulls, and working together as much as possible. Let’s leave egos behind, and simply enjoy our time out on the bike.
• Upon arriving at the meeting point maintain a social distance of at least 6 feet between yourself and other riders.
• Ride in small gruppettos. Riders should form small groups of no more than 5 riders. So if 6 show, split into groups of 3 and 3 or 4 and 2 depending on desired pace. If a rider(s) joins mid-route and it brings the gruppetto total above 5, please separate into two gruppettos.
• Gruppetos will depart 2-3 minutes apart in descending order of speed.
• Maintain social distancing at stops along the route.
As always, participants ride at their own risk, but please utilize extra care and be socially responsible.