Date: Saturday, October 17
Time: 8:30am, roll at 8:35am
Location: Atascadero Zoo
Route: Estrella WB Full https://www.strava.com/routes/2736425775309134638
Distance: 60.0 miles, 2800 feet elevation gain
Ride Leader: Jonathan
We head out east on 41 to a left Templeton Rd, right on Lupine, right on El Pomar to Cripple Creek (stop 1 – 12.7 miles). We proceed to a right on Creston, left on Geneseo, go right to stay on Geneseo, right on Union, right 46 and wrap around to Estrella (stop 2 – 25.3). We then take Estrella all to way to River (stop 3 – 38.1 miles). We then head south on River, go right on Union, right on 13th, left on Vine, left on 46 right on Ramada, left on Main, right on 5th to Templeton Park (stop 4 – 52.5 miles). We then go left Old County, right on Vineyard, left onto HWY 101 S, wrap around to El Camino and head south all the way to a right on 41 back to the start (or stop on El Camino at Joe Bellas for a coffee).
- Endurance Group: Avg. speed 15-16 mph on hilly courses (over 3000ft of climbing). Avg. speed of 17-17.5 mph on flatter courses. Lead by Jonathan.
- Tempo Group: Avg. speed 17-18 mph on hilly courses (over 3000ft of climbing). Avg. speed of 18.5+ mph on flatter courses. Lead by those who show.
The Tempo group will depart first. If one starts with the Tempo group and finds it to be too fast, they can always drop back and ride with the Endurance group. The groups should seek to ride together, as a contiguous group, taking short pulls, and working together as much as possible. Let’s leave egos behind, and simply enjoy our time out on the bike.
• Upon arriving at the meeting point maintain a social distance of at least 6 feet between yourself and other riders.
• Ride in small gruppettos. Riders should form small groups of no more than 5 riders. So if 6 show, split into groups of 3 and 3 or 4 and 2 depending on desired pace. If a rider(s) joins mid-route and it brings the gruppetto total above 5, please separate into two gruppettos.
• Gruppetos will depart 2-3 minutes apart in descending order of speed.
• Maintain social distancing at stops along the route.
As always, participants ride at their own risk, but please utilize extra care and be socially responsible.