Date: Saturday, October 10
Time: 8:30am, roll at 8:35am
Location: Atascadero Zoo
Route: Pomar-Shandon https://www.strava.com/routes/2736404126580392506
Distance: 59.9 miles, 3900 feet elevation gain
Ride Leader: Jonathan
Head out east on 41 to a left on Templeton Rd, right on El Pomar to the Pomar Junction (stop 1 – 13.8 miles). Continue east on El Pomar to a right on Cripple Creek and left on 41 to Little Farm Rd (stop 2 – 20.4 miles). Then continue on 41 east all the way to a right on Centre and then stop at the park in Shandon (stop 3 – 33.6 miles). We head back via 1st, go right on Truesdale, which becomes Starkey, then we go left on 41 and stop at Rancho Loma Linda (stop 4 – 47.1 miles). We then continue west on 41 all the way back to the start.
- Endurance Group: Avg. speed 15-16 mph on hilly courses (over 3000ft of climbing). Avg. speed of 17-17.5 mph on flatter courses. Lead by Jonathan.
- Tempo Group: Avg. speed 17-18 mph on hilly courses (over 3000ft of climbing). Avg. speed of 18.5+ mph on flatter courses. Lead by those who show.
The Tempo group will depart first. If one starts with the Tempo group and finds it to be too fast, they can always drop back and ride with the Endurance group. The groups should seek to ride together, as a contiguous group, taking short pulls, and working together as much as possible. Let’s leave egos behind, and simply enjoy our time out on the bike.
• Upon arriving at the meeting point maintain a social distance of at least 6 feet between yourself and other riders.
• Ride in small gruppettos. Riders should form small groups of no more than 5 riders. So if 6 show, split into groups of 3 and 3 or 4 and 2 depending on desired pace. If a rider(s) joins mid-route and it brings the gruppetto total above 5, please separate into two gruppettos.
• Gruppetos will depart 2-3 minutes apart in descending order of speed.
• Maintain social distancing at stops along the route.
As always, participants ride at their own risk, but please utilize extra care and be socially responsible.