Date: Saturday, September 26
Time: 8:30am, roll at 8:35am
Location: Atascadero Zoo
Route: Peachy-Creston https://www.strava.com/routes/2744364337742332722
Distance: 63.6 miles, 4200 feet elevation gain
Ride Leader: Jonathan
Head out east on 41 to a left on Templeton Rd, stay left to then go right on Main, left on 3rd, right on Old County, left on Las Tablas and take Las Tablas all the way to a right on Booker, right on 46 to a quick left on Oakdale (stop 1 – 12 miles). Then take Oakdale to a right on Las Tablas-Willow Creek, to a right on Willow Creek, right on Peachy Canyon to the top (stop 2 – 20 miles). Then descend (and climb) all the way to Olive (stop 3 – 27.4 miles). We go right on Olive to a quick left on 6th, to a quick right on Vine, and then go left on 1st. First becomes Niblick as we cross over 101 and we stay on Niblick across Creston Rd, where we continue straight onto Sheerwood, then go right on Fontana, to a left on Linne. We stay on Linne and continue straight on Geneseo and go left Creston Rd, right on 41, left on 229 into Creston (stop 4 – 43 miles). We then continue south on 229, go right on 58, to a right to stay on 58 to Santa Margarita Park (stop 5 – 55.7 miles). We then go right on El Camino all the way to a left on Santa Rosa, to a right on 41 and right back to the start.
- Endurance Group: Avg. speed 15-16 mph on hilly courses (over 3000ft of climbing). Avg. speed of 17-17.5 mph on flatter courses. Lead by Jonathan.
- Tempo Group: Avg. speed 17-18 mph on hilly courses (over 3000ft of climbing). Avg. speed of 18.5+ mph on flatter courses. Lead by those who show.
The Tempo group will depart first. If one starts with the Tempo group and finds it to be too fast, they can always drop back and ride with the Endurance group. The groups should seek to ride together, as a contiguous group, taking short pulls, and working together as much as possible. Let’s leave egos behind, and simply enjoy our time out on the bike.
• Upon arriving at the meeting point maintain a social distance of at least 6 feet between yourself and other riders.
• Ride in small gruppettos. Riders should form small groups of no more than 5 riders. So if 6 show, split into groups of 3 and 3 or 4 and 2 depending on desired pace. If a rider(s) joins mid-route and it brings the gruppetto total above 5, please separate into two gruppettos.
• Gruppetos will depart 2-3 minutes apart in descending order of speed.
• Maintain social distancing at stops along the route.
As always, participants ride at their own risk, but please utilize extra care and be socially responsible.