Date: Saturday, September 19
Time: 8:30am, roll at 8:35am
Location: Templeton Park
Route: Down the Whole Hog https://www.strava.com/routes/23202629
Distance: 57.8 miles, 3200 feet elevation gain
Ride Leader: Steve H.
We head out 5th to a left on Main, right on Ramada, left on 46, right on Vine, left on Nacimiento Lake Dr and right on San Marcos (stop 1 – 12.4 miles). We then take San Marcos to 101 N (take care crossing to the northbound lane), exit onto Mission, go right on River to left on Cross Canyon (stop 2 – 20.2 miles). We then take Cross Canyon to a left on Ranchita Canyon to Hog Canyon (stop 3 – 32.4 miles). We then proceed down the length of Hog Canyon to a left on Jardine and a right on Tower to Airport Rd (stop 4 – 44.6 miles). We then go left on Airport all the way to a right on 46, right on Golden Hills, left on Dallons, continue straight on River Oaks, left on River, right on 13th, left on Vine, left on 46, right on Ramada, left on Main, right on 5th back to the start.
- Endurance Group: Avg. speed 15-16 mph on hilly courses (over 3000ft of climbing). Avg. speed of 17-17.5 mph on flatter courses. Lead by Steve H.
- Tempo Group: Avg. speed 17-18 mph on hilly courses (over 3000ft of climbing). Avg. speed of 18.5+ mph on flatter courses. Lead by those who show.
The Tempo group will depart first. If one starts with the Tempo group and finds it to be too fast, they can always drop back and ride with the Endurance group. The groups should seek to ride together, as a contiguous group, taking short pulls, and working together as much as possible. Let’s leave egos behind, and simply enjoy our time out on the bike.
• Upon arriving at the meeting point maintain a social distance of at least 6 feet between yourself and other riders.
• Ride in small gruppettos. Riders should form small groups of no more than 5 riders. So if 6 show, split into groups of 3 and 3 or 4 and 2 depending on desired pace. If a rider(s) joins mid-route and it brings the gruppetto total above 5, please separate into two gruppettos.
• Gruppetos will depart 2-3 minutes apart in descending order of speed.
• Maintain social distancing at stops along the route.
As always, participants ride at their own risk, but please utilize extra care and be socially responsible.