Date: Saturday, August 29
Time: 8:30am, roll at 8:35am
Location: Templeton Park
Route: Down Klau Up Adelaida
Distance: 53.1 miles, 4700 feet elevation gain
Ride Leader: Jonathan
Head up 5th to a right on Old County, left on Las Tablas and take Las Tablas all the way to a right on Booker, right on 46 to a quick left on Oakdale and take Oakdale to a right on Vineyard all the way to Adelaida (stop 1 – 13.7 miles). Then go Adelaida, left on Klau Mine, continue right on Cypress Mountain to a left on Chimney Rock to the end (stop 2 – 25.5 miles). Then head back down Chimney Rock, climb up past Justine Winery, turn right on Adelaida to Halter Ranch – 2nd entrance (stop 3 – 36.0 miles). Then climb and descend Adelaida, turn right on Nacimiento Lake and right on Vine (stop 4 – 46.6 miles). Then head south on Vine, left on 46, right on Ramada, left on Main and right on 5th back to the start.
- Endurance Group: Avg. speed 15-16 mph on hilly courses (over 3000ft of climbing). Avg. speed of 17-17.5 mph on flatter courses. Lead by Jonathan.
- Tempo Group: Avg. speed 17-18 mph on hilly courses (over 3000ft of climbing). Avg. speed of 18.5+ mph on flatter courses. Lead by those who show.
The Tempo group will depart first. If one starts with the Tempo group and finds it to be too fast, they can always drop back and ride with the Endurance group. The groups should seek to ride together, as a contiguous group, taking short pulls, and working together as much as possible. Let’s leave egos behind, and simply enjoy our time out on the bike.
• Upon arriving at the meeting point maintain a social distance of at least 6 feet between yourself and other riders.
• Ride in small gruppettos. Riders should form small groups of no more than 5 riders. So if 6 show, split into groups of 3 and 3 or 4 and 2 depending on desired pace. If a rider(s) joins mid-route and it brings the gruppetto total above 5, please separate into two gruppettos.
• Gruppetos will depart 2-3 minutes apart in descending order of speed.
• Maintain social distancing at stops along the route.
As always, participants ride at their own risk, but please utilize extra care and be socially responsible.