Date: Saturday, August 1
Time: 8:30am, roll at 8:35am
Location: Paul Andrew Park, 3rd Street, Cayucos
Route: Cayucos 60 https://www.strava.com/routes/2724101671185292188
Distance: 60 miles, 1900 feet elevation gain
Ride Leader: Jonathan
Saturday will likely be the hottest day of the year, so let’s ride the coast from Cayucos at 8:30.
We head out north on Ocean Ave to a left on HWY 1 N, turn right on Main St and head through Cambria to the just past the Main St Grill (stop 1 – 15.6 miles). Continue to a right on HWY 1 N to a drive on the left side of the HWY (stop 2 – 30 miles). Then we head south on HWY 1 S and go right on Moonstone Beach Dr to it’s end at Windsor (stop 3 – 44.4 miles). We can head right to Shamel Park if we need water or a toilet or we go left on Windsor and right on HWY 1 S, right on Ocean Ave and right on 3rd to get back to the start (add on any necessary amount to get an even 60).
- Endurance Group: Avg. speed 15-16 mph on hilly courses (over 3000ft of climbing). Avg. speed of 17-17.5 mph on flatter courses. Lead by Jonathan.
- Tempo Group: Avg. speed 17-18 mph on hilly courses (over 3000ft of climbing). Avg. speed of 18.5+ mph on flatter courses. Lead by those who show.
The Tempo group will depart first. If one starts with the Tempo group and finds it to be too fast, they can always drop back and ride with the Endurance group. The groups should seek to ride together, as a contiguous group, taking short pulls, and working together as much as possible. Let’s leave egos behind, and simply enjoy our time out on the bike.
• Upon arriving at the meeting point maintain a social distance of at least 6 feet between yourself and other riders.
• Ride in small gruppettos. Riders should form small groups of no more than 5 riders. So if 6 show, split into groups of 3 and 3 or 4 and 2 depending on desired pace. If a rider(s) joins mid-route and it brings the gruppetto total above 5, please separate into two gruppettos.
• Gruppetos will depart 2-3 minutes apart in descending order of speed.
• Maintain social distancing at stops along the route.
As always, participants ride at their own risk, but please utilize extra care and be socially responsible.