Date: Saturday, July 18
Time: 8:00am, roll at 8:05am
Location: Templeton Park
Route: Peachy-Linne-229 https://www.strava.com/routes/13345993
Distance: 62.7 miles, 4300 feet elevation gain
Ride Leader: Jonathan
Head up 5th to a right on Old County, left on Las Tablas and take Las Tablas all the way to a right on Booker, right on 46 to a quick left on Oakdale. Then take Oakdale to a right on Las Tablas-Willow Creek, to a right on Willow Creek, to Peachy Canyon (stop 1 – 8.4 miles). Then go right on Peachy and climb and descend all the way to Olive (stop 2 – 18.3 miles). We go right on Olive to a quick left on 6th, to a quick right on Vine, and then go left on 1st. First becomes Niblick as we cross over 101 and we stay on Niblick across Creston Rd, where we continue straight onto Sheerwood, then go right on Fontana, to a left on Linne. We stay on Linne and continue straight on Geneseo to Creston Rd (stop 3 – 29.7 miles). We then head south on Creston Rd, go right on 41, and then go left on 229, where we then ride all the way to a right on 58, to a right to stay on 58 to Santa Margarita Park (stop 4 – 46.7 miles). We then take El Camino north to a right on Sandoval, left on Santa Clara, right on Los Palos, continue onto Santa Barbara, go right on Viejo Camino, right on Halcon, and left on Rocky Canyon. We then cross 41 to continue straight on Templeton Rd into Templeton, where we go right on Main and left on 5th back to the start.
- Endurance Group: Avg. speed 15-16 mph on hilly courses (over 3000ft of climbing). Avg. speed of 17-17.5 mph on flatter courses. Lead by Jonathan.
- Tempo Group: Avg. speed 17-18 mph on hilly courses (over 3000ft of climbing). Avg. speed of 18.5+ mph on flatter courses. Lead by those who show.
The Tempo group will depart first. If one starts with the Tempo group and finds it to be too fast, they can always drop back and ride with the Endurance group. The groups should seek to ride together, as a contiguous group, taking short pulls, and working together as much as possible. Let’s leave egos behind, and simply enjoy our time out on the bike.
• Upon arriving at the meeting point maintain a social distance of at least 6 feet between yourself and other riders.
• Ride in small gruppettos. Riders should form small groups of no more than 5 riders. So if 6 show, split into groups of 3 and 3 or 4 and 2 depending on desired pace. If a rider(s) joins mid-route and it brings the gruppetto total above 5, please separate into two gruppettos.
• Gruppetos will depart 2-3 minutes apart in descending order of speed.
• Maintain social distancing at stops along the route.
As always, participants ride at their own risk, but please utilize extra care and be socially responsible.