Date: Saturday, July 11
Time: 8:15am, roll at 8:20am
Location: SLO High School Parking Lot
Route: SLO South https://www.strava.com/routes/23062635
Distance: 57.1 miles, 3800 feet elevation gain
Ride Leader: Jonathan
We head out south on San Luis Dr to a left on Johnson, left on Orcutt, left to stay on Orcutt, right on Biddle Ranch, left on 227, right on Noyes, left on James (stop 1 -13.6 miles). We continue on James to a right on Tally Ho, left on Main, left on Branch, right on Huasna, right to stay on Huasna, left on School, right on Branch Mill, left on Cechetti, right on Lopez, and climb up to the reservoir (stop 2 – 25.7 miles). Continue on Lopez to a right on Hi Mountain and ride to the pavement’s end (stop 3 – 34.6 miles). We then turn around and ride back to a left on Lopez and a right on Orcutt (stop 4 – 46.3 miles). We then take Orcutt all the way back to a right on Johnson and aright on San Luis Dr back to the start.
- Endurance Group: Avg. speed 15-16 mph on hilly courses (over 3000ft of climbing). Avg. speed of 17-17.5 mph on flatter courses. Lead by Jonathan.
- Tempo Group: Avg. speed 17-18 mph on hilly courses (over 3000ft of climbing). Avg. speed of 18.5+ mph on flatter courses. Lead by those who show.
The Tempo group will depart first. If one starts with the Tempo group and finds it to be too fast, they can always drop back and ride with the Endurance group. The groups should seek to ride together, as a contiguous group, taking short pulls, and working together as much as possible. Let’s leave egos behind, and simply enjoy our time out on the bike.
• Upon arriving at the meeting point maintain a social distance of at least 6 feet between yourself and other riders.
• Ride in small gruppettos. Riders should form small groups of no more than 5 riders. So if 6 show, split into groups of 3 and 3 or 4 and 2 depending on desired pace. If a rider(s) joins mid-route and it brings the gruppetto total above 5, please separate into two gruppettos.
• Gruppetos will depart 2-3 minutes apart in descending order of speed.
• Maintain social distancing at stops along the route.
As always, participants ride at their own risk, but please utilize extra care and be socially responsible.