Date: Saturday, June 27
Time: 8:00 Roll @ 8:05
Location: Atascadero Zoo
Route: Linne-229-OD-ElPomar https://www.strava.com/routes/24064651
Distance: 62.2 miles
Head out east on 41 to a left on Atascadero Ave, right on the Mall, left on Ardilla, right on Traffic, left on ECR, left onto 101 north, exit Vineyard and head right to continue onto El Pomar. Then it’s a left on Neal Spring to River Rd (stop 1 -10.7miles). Go up River, right on Charolais, left on Creston, right on Meadowlark, left on airport. Right on Linne, continue straight on Geneseo to Creston Rd (stop 2 – 24.5 miles). Head south on Creston Rd, right on 41, left on 229, pass the Creston store to 58 (stop 3 – 36.7 mile). Go left on 58, left on ODonovan, right on 229, left on 41, right on Cripple Creek to El Pomar (stop 4 – 51 miles). Take El Pomar to a left on South El Pomar, left on Homestead, right on 41 and head back to the start or get coffee at TBD.
General Ride Guidelines
• Speed and effort: the main ride, which I will be leading, is designed to be a relaxed endurance effort. For those who ride with power or heart rate, the goal is to stay in zone 2 or zone 1 with limited efforts or longer climbs in zone 3. Since this does not meet the needs of all, there will be the option of a second group who rides tempo or faster.
- Endurance Group: Avg. speed 15-16 mph on hilly courses (over 3000ft of climbing). Avg. speed of 17-17.5 mph on flatter courses. Lead by Jonathan
- Tempo Group: Avg. speed 17-18 mph on hilly courses (over 3000ft of climbing). Avg. speed of 18.5+ mph on flatter courses. Lead by those who show.
The Tempo group will depart first. If one starts with the Tempo group and finds it to be too fast, they can always drop back and ride with the Endurance group. The groups should seek to ride together, as a contiguous group, taking short pulls, and working together as much as possible. Let’s leave egos behind, and simply enjoy our time out on the bike.
• Upon arriving at the meeting point maintain a social distance of at least 6 feet between yourself and other riders.
• Ride in small gruppettos. Riders should form small groups of no more than 5 riders. So if 6 show, split into groups of 3 and 3 or 4 and 2 depending on desired pace. If a rider(s) joins mid-route and it brings the gruppetto total above 5, please separate into two gruppettos.
• Gruppetos will depart 2-3 minutes apart in descending order of speed.
• Maintain social distancing at stops along the route.
As always, participants ride at their own risk, but please utilize extra care and be socially responsible.